Saturday, July 31, 2010

Henna!!!


Namaste!!!

Today is my last day in Dehradun and am just waiting for my train at 11:30pm tonight so I can head to Delhi and then to London and then back to Boston and HOME!!!! (I'll be back Monday night) So I had a ton of time to kill today because I am the last student in Dehradun so I went and got henna this morning!!!! If you don't know what that is, its a semi permanent body art, which means it last for about 10 days and is very traditional of India for women to get before ceremonies like weddings. As for me, getting it is a celebration of my journey home, which I can't wait to be! (I have included a picture of it, not mind however)

The place I got henna at, the family was extremely nice and we mainly talked about the differences between the US and India while my Henna dried (it was raining... go figure... monsoon). The whole family was into the gold jewelry business and was to be taken over by the two sons I met who were 17 and 19 years old. Although they were both in school for other things besides what their family business entailed, the father wanted them to get an education, which pleasantly surprised me. After and exchange of e-mails, facebook, and addresses I said goodbye and was in for a very boring afternoon while I kept the henna plastered to my skin.... now it looks AWESOME!!!

Hopefully while I'm in London or the airport I will be able to post another blog entry, there are just somethings I feel need to be summarized about India that people should know about my journey through this country.

Until then...

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment